.“I will forever be grateful to Dr. Hedberg. He is indeed an amazing, phenomenal and exceptional physician as well as a truly wonderful person.”– Gloria S.
I’m Dr. Nikolas Hedberg and I have wanted to be a doctor since I was 5. That passion has stayed with me through many years of education and private practice helping patients get well from all over the world. The most exciting thing about practice is the detective work I get to do with each patient to uncover the causes of their health problems. There is nothing more rewarding than discovering what has been causing the health problems of someone who has been searching for answers and guiding them back to optimal health.
I spend a great deal of time reading the latest scientific research so I can be on the cutting-edge of both conventional and alternative medicine. I believe that there is no single best form of medicine and that I should use the best of all forms of medicine to help each patient to the best of my abilities. No one should be treated as a lab test or in a “cookie-cutter” way.
I have personally dealt with many health issues as a child and through early adulthood which I have learned to overcome. These included:
Immune System Imbalances
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Learning functional medicine taught me what I needed to do to overcome the above issues to feel healthy, happy, and to have my life back.
I want to share that knowledge with as many people as I possibly can, so they don’t have to suffer like I did.
I practice Functional Medicine which is truly individualized looking at all potential aspects of each patient’s unique health situation. Functional Medicine looks at all the systems of the body as being connected without isolating a single organ or body system. I was drawn to the functional medicine model because it is so individualized leaving no stones unturned.
I always look forward to reviewing any case no matter what the health concern but here is a list of what I see quite frequently in my practice:
- Thyroid disorders including Hashimoto’s disease and hypothyroidism
- Autoimmune Disease
- Gut Disorders like GERD, SIBO, and IBS
- Weight Gain
- Sleep Problems
- Hormone Imbalances and Menopausal Symptoms
- Adrenal Imbalances
- Chronic Infections: Viruses, Parasites, Bacteria, Yeast
- Hair Loss
- Chronic Pain
I have quite a bit of education under my hat but here are my main credentials:
- Board Certified Chiropractic Internist by the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (D.A.B.C.I.)
- Chiropractic Physician (D.C.)
- Board Certified in Nutrition by the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (D.A.C.B.N.)
- Herbal Medicine Fellow by the AARM
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
Dr. Hedberg is one of only a few hundred Chiropractic Physicians who have become a Board Certified Chiropractic Internist. A Chiropractic Internist completes 300 additional hours of training in the diagnosis and management of internal disorders focused in the following areas:
- Thyroid Disorders
- Adrenal hormone disorders
- Male & Female hormone disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Advanced blood chemistry analysis
- Gastrointestinal disorders both upper and lower GI
- Infectious disease
- Allergies & Food sensitivities
- Cardiovascular disease management and prevention
- Pulmonary diseases
- Herbal medicine
- Male & Female pelvic disorders
- Geriatrics & Mental Health
- EKG and Phonocardiography
Dr. Hedberg is also Board Certified in Nutrition by the American Clinical Board of Nutrition. This board certification requires 300 hours of additional training in clinical nutrition.
Dr. Hedberg is the author of the new book The Complete Thyroid Health and Diet Guide now available on Amazon. This book is based on nearly 14 years of researching thyroid disorders and working with hundreds of patients with thyroid problems.
If you are interested in learning how Dr. Hedberg might be able to help you, he is always eager to review your case.