In this podcast episode I interview Dana Trentini, the founder of the well-known Hypothyroid Mom blog. I really enjoyed our talk, in particular discussing thyroid issues with someone who is so passionate about thyroid health.
Dana Trentini created the thyroid advocacy blog Hypothyroid Mom. Dana launched her blog on October 1st, 2012, in memory of the unborn baby she lost due to hypothyroidism. She set out on a mission to learn all she could about hypothyroidism and to share her discoveries with people around the globe. Dana has since been featured in The Wall Street Journal and The Atlantic.
In our new podcast interview, we covered the following topics in order:
- What motivated you to become a thyroid patient advocate and create your blog?
- What are the signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- What is the prevalence of thyroid disease?
- Why do you think there are so many undiagnosed thyroid sufferers in the world?
- Which lab tests do you recommend for hypothyroidism?
- The number one prescribed medication for hypothyroidism is Synthroid. Why are so many hypothyroid patients still struggling despite taking levothyroxine medications like Synthroid?
- You write at Hypothyroid Mom that treating thyroid disease is really like putting together a big puzzle. What are the main pieces of the puzzle that should be considered?
- What resources are available to help patients find open-minded thyroid doctors?
- You wrote a book with Mary Shomon, Your Healthy Pregnancy with Thyroid Disease: A Guide to Fertility, Pregnancy, and Postpartum Wellness. Tell us about it.
Dana has a true passion for Hashimoto’s and Hypothyroidism advocacy so I urge everyone to connect with her online to learn more. Her blog is filled with many excellent articles and resources to help you wade through all the thyroid information that is available on the internet.
Connect with Dana online:
Visit the Hypothyroid Mom blog here ⇒ Hypothyroid Mom
Facebook Page ⇒ https://www.facebook.com/HypothyroidMom/
Twitter ⇒ https://twitter.com/HypothyroidMom
Pinterest ⇒ https://www.pinterest.com/hypothyroidmom/
Instagram ⇒ https://www.instagram.com/hypothyroidmom/
Dana’s favorite thyroid books ⇒ http://hypothyroidmom.com/hypothyroid-moms-favorite-books/
Dana’s top thyroid resources ⇒ http://hypothyroidmom.com/hypothyroid-mom-top-resources/