Podcast: Play in new window | Download (21.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | JioSaavn | Podchaser | Gaana | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
I was recently interviewed by The Natural Nurse – Dr. Ellen Kamhi discussing Hashimoto’s disease and hypothyroidism on the Progressive Radio Network. This was one of my favorite interviews and I really enjoyed talking to Dr. Kamhi.
Here is a list of the topics we discussed during the interview:
- What got you started in working with patients who have thyroid disorders?
- Why do so many people suffer from a thyroid problem?
- What are the most common causes of thyroid disorders?
- What tests should patients ask for from their doctors to uncover the underlying causes of their thyroid problem?
- There are many types of thyroid medication, what are the best choices available today?
- Is iodine a safe and effective supplement for those with Hashimoto’s or hypothyroidism?
- When is a gluten-free diet the best option for someone with a thyroid problem?
- Can you tell us why vitamin D may not be the best option?
- If you have an underlying infection that is driving your Hashimoto’s disease, what are the best treatment options?
- What is the best diet for someone with a thyroid disorder?
- Do people need to worry about goitrogens in foods?
- Please tell us more about leaky gut syndrome and some strategies to heal the digestive system.
- How does hormone replacement affect thyroid function?
- How does stress and the adrenal glands affect thyroid function?
- What are some of the most effective supplements for someone with Hashimoto’s disease?